Friday, May 17, 2002

Leaving ShangHai

think I had enough of ShangHai already, the high light is prob. the old city with the antique market, bird/flower market, the food.... and walk in the back streets. People are really nice there, Started out with a strange stares, and some even start speaking Japanese to me, but got a chat with some of the people in the markets, it is too bad that they will be taking down this part of the city soon. . .

Made a visit to some of the temples and gardens, but there is just too many tourist around to enjoy it. Looking for a quite spot in China is pretty hard, one of the first thing I notice is that on my bus trip to Canton is that there is a sign next to the TV that read "Please don't hesitate to ask the volume to be turn up". :-)

Good thing I bought earplugs. They were for the snores in the Hostels, but turn out to be great for everything else. Anyway the Hostel I am staying in is quite nice, the place is like 150 years old, and close to everything. I think I am heading to SuZhou next and check out ZhouZhon and head for NanJin next. I was going to take the boat to NanJin, but 20 hr. long in a boat is too much. The train only takes 3. Well my half hr internet time is up and gone, talk to U all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home