Wednesday, July 10, 2002

You Gotta Save Something for the Next Time...

This morning was off to a rocky start......

First, I woke up late to meet up with the group I was suppose to go to NamSo Lake with. The guy had to come to my dorm room to drag me up. After yesterday's Sky Burial, I was very tired.

Second, when we arrived at the meeting place, the previously arranged trips started to fall apart after the driver refused to go, because they said we did not have the permit. Basically, they wanted more money. I know for a fact that U don't need permit for these places, we are heading away from the border, for Christ sake.

I had previously thought I could squeeze a simple two day trip to the NamSo Lake before I headed out of Tibet, but a group of Japanese students decided to used this agent they met on the street, with this incredible discount. With me out to the Sky Burial for the whole day, I thought best to follow their initiatives.

Well for one thing, the number in the group grew to 9 people. All with different needs, ranging from comfort, time, to cost. We spend hours arguing over how to go.... The agent played them pretty good.

I offered the option of calling up this driver(recommended to me through friends, and was quite happy with myself) and asked for two cars. For a minute, everyone okay with it, but when I finished calling. They changed their mind, and wanted one car instead of the two.(They wanted one from the agent they had arrangement with, and one from my driver).I called back to apologized to the driver, and ask for just one. He agreed to come.

While we are waiting, the agent played them some more and they decided to take both cars from the agent instead. F*#%%, What am I going to explain to that driver that is coming to pick us up?!

when the mess is over, the price they pay for two jeep jumped over from Y1600 to Y2100. I opted not to go.

They all just left with me ended up having to explain to that driver what had happened, The guy was pissed.... We woke him up early morning, and probably his friend too ....

Well ....Spend the rest of day resting, not having anything to do or worry about....One good thing... Met a Spanish guy who is biking across Tibet, and giving out some great tips on how to do it too....

NamSo Lake on bike next time. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home